With hectic schedules and technology taking over our lives, we don’t even have time to consider where we are; even if we do, we barely have time to treat ourselves to recover fully. With technology and a fast-paced lifestyle, there are a few modern-day ailments that cause a lot of problems, including a poor quality of life.
However, what we do not know is that all of these ailments can very easily be cured with Ayurveda, the natural science. Here are 6 modern day ailments that can be easily treated with Ayurveda.
- Computer vision syndrome- Almost all of us spend up to 8 hours a day staring at computer screens. Staring at screens can cause CVS, which is characterized by blurry vision, dry eyes and redness, difficulty in distinguishing colours, and neck and backaches.
Ayurvedic treatment- After retiring from screens every day, gently wash your eyes with cold milk and water diluted. This wash can also be performed with coconut water and normal water diluted. Place sliced cucumbers on eyes every few days to relax. Treatments such as tarpana and Shirodhara can be used to relieve pains in the neck and back. Consuming Triphala and Amla is highly beneficial as well.
- Earbud related hearing loss- Having earphones on for long hours has an adverse effect on the ears. The earbud-related hearing loss is very common even in the youth. Loud noises going directly inside the ear can cause severe damage. There are many ayurvedic ear drops that can help treat such hearing loss. Ashwagandha, Bahrami, and shilajit are herbs that help with treatment of hearing loss as well.
- Generalised anxiety disorder- GAC is characterized by restlessness, irritability, headaches, and constant general over thinking and worrying about things. GAC can be treated with the help of yoga and meditation, stress relief massages with ayurvedic oils, and sometimes, overall health supplements that help improve strength and energy as well.
- Electromagnetic hypersensitivity syndrome- We are surrounded by wifi signals and phone frequencies all the time. This results in electromagnetic hypersensitivity. EHS is characterized by fatigue, dizziness, low body-mind coordination, and irritability. In Ayurveda, Marma therapy is used to treat EHS, it is the manipulating of certain pressure points on the body with medicated oils.
- iPosture- iPosture is characterized by an incorrect posture including slouched shoulders, frozen neck, and inflexible back. This is usually caused due to sitting at the computers for long hours. Ayurveda has established the importance of yoga and physical health in its being and thus, yoga and massages with medicated oils can be extremely helpful in reducing iPosture. Improving flexibility and movement can be done by taking breaks from the computers and walking around as well.
- Hypertension- Work and other stress often cause high blood pressure. Hypertension can be treated with the right diet and exercise, and simply by avoiding certain foods as well. There are many Ayurvedic medicines and herbal treatments available. Honey, cardamom, garlic, and cucumber are foods that help with hypertension. Ashwagandha is an Ayurvedic herb that helps with hypertension as well.